DIY Lavender Oat Bath - with Paradise Springs Essential Oils
Posted on May 07 2018
Everyone deserves a spa day every now and then, right?
Now you can have the boutique-style spa experience in your own home without the boutique-style price tag. Try your hand at an easy and fun way to use your Paradise Springs Essential Oils to spoil yourself!
This is one of our favorites, the Lavender Oat Bath. Talk about relaxing. After a long week with the kids, or at the office, there is nothing quite as soothing as a hot bath. What makes this even more enticing is a simple oat/lavender soak that you can easily make at home. You can use either of our Lavender oils, the Paradise Springs Wild Crafted Lavender Oil, or the Paradise Springs USDA Organic Lavender Oil for this one. The lavender opens your senses as it melts away the stress. While the oat bath cleanses, locks in moisture, and leaves your skin silky soft for the rest of the evening.
Ready to relax? Let's get started!
What you'll need:
- 10 drops Paradise Springs USDA Organic or Wild Crafted Lavender Oil
- ½ cup quick oats
- Small cotton drawstring bag or cheesecloth pouch
- (optional) 2 tbsp dried lavender flowers
How to make it:
1. If you have large oat flakes, pulse them briefly in a food processor to cut them into smaller pieces.
2. In a small bowl combine all ingredients and lightly fold together
3. Scoop oat mixture into the small pouch or bag and tie or knot securely shut. Be sure that the contents cannot leave out.
4. Place in the tub for the duration of your bath.
5. Get in and enjoy! (You could also turn on your favorite soft music, close your eyes, and imagine yourself relaxing in that expensive spa resort).
Other tips: Try kneading the oat mixture bag between your fingers to allow the soft benefits of the oats to release better.