DIY Ginger Essential Oil Muscle Rub
For an easy way to relax and soothe sore muscles, try this simple homemade muscle rub. Fresh and natural, this mixture contains Lavender Oil to relax the body and Spearmint Oil to soothe aching muscles, while Ginger Oil helps circulation and further enhances the lovely fragrance of this powerful mixture. Your muscles will thank you for trying this simple do-it-yourself recipe.
What You’ll Need:
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup grated beeswax
- 2 teaspoons cayenne powder
- 15 drops Paradise Springs Spearmint Essential Oil
- 15 drops Paradise Springs Lavender Essential Oil
- 10 drops Paradise Springs Ginger Essential Oil
- Combine the coconut oil and beeswax into a jar. Place a saucepan with 2 inches of water over medium heat on the stove.
- Place jar in saucepan and allow contents to melt. Stir to combine. Add the cayenne powder.
- Once combined, allow to cool slightly and then add all essential oils. Mix thoroughly.
- Pour mixture into metal tins or storage container and allow to set.
Tip: If muscles are especially inflamed, you can add 2 teaspoons turmeric powder to this mixture with the cayenne pepper to help combat inflammation. Use sparingly, as turmeric may temporarily discolor the skin.